Saturday 31 May 2014

Round 9 of Renulek's Spring 2014 Napkin is done

Yes, I've just finished Round 9 of Renulek's Spring 2014 Napkin (see here for all of Renulek's posts with the instructions). So, here it is:

Renulek's Spring 2014 Napkin, Round 9 complete

Renulek's Spring 2014 Napkin, detail with Round 9
As you can see, I decided to try photographing it against a dark velvety purple instead of the usual black background. Not too bad; should I use this from now onwards?

In the earlier rounds, I was wondering how many different Lizbeth colourways I could get away with in one doily. Eventually, I decided to cap it at six: Pineapple Parfait, Butterfly Breeze, Fruit Fizz, Spring Green, Arctic Waters, and Leafy Greens.

So, for the last few rounds, I've been using different combinations of these six colours. For Round 9, I used Leafy Greens and Butterfly Breeze (the same as Round 6, but I swopped the colours I used for rings and chains). For Round 10, I'll return to Spring Green and Fruit Fizz (but swopping the colours). And similarly for Round 11. However, when I finally get to Round 13, I'm very tempted to introduce a seventh colourway, which has just arrived in the post… :-)

Threads: all Lizbeth Size 40.
Round 1: Pineapple Parfait and Butterfly Breeze
Round 2: Pineapple Parfait and Arctic Waters
Round 3: Pineapple Parfait and Fruit Fizz
Round 4: Spring Green and Butterfly Breeze
Round 5: Leafy Greens and Arctic Waters
Round 6: Leafy Greens and Butterfly Breeze
Round 7: Spring Green and Fruit Fizz
Round 8: Pineapple Parfait and Arctic Waters
Round 9: Leafy Greens and Butterfly Breeze

6 comments:

  1. So pretty Grace. I really like those colours. I think you're wise not to overdo the number of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace that's is a very pretty doily and beautiful use of colour. Well done
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! The colors work well together and it's so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous Spring colors!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete